March is a transition month–from winter to spring. It brings many changes. As we end one season and begin another, it’s a great time to reflect on what changes you would like to initiate in your work life.
What improvement goals do you have for the next 6 months? What are you working on for your own personal/professional development?
Consider challenging yourself to open a new window. What mind-expanding activities are you involved in or are you scheduled to participate in? Many professionals are juggling hectic work schedules, travel and family priorities.
As I work with my executive coaching clients I often ask them to consider beginning any of the following development activities to complete over the next 6 months–and just get started!
- Sign up for a creativity class. Read a great book on sparking your creativity! Thinkertoys is one of my favorites!
- Read a best-selling business book and share the highlights with your team.
- Attend a conference related to your area of expertise–attend workshops that highlight new developments in your field.
- Sign up for a writing class. They are mind-expanding! Check your local bookstore or a local college/ university–don’t worry about grades–sign up for even a not-for-credit course. You’ll be so glad you did!
- Study a foreign language.
- Find a mentor or be a mentor.
- Whatever your interests, try something new and enjoy all the surprises that come with opening a new window!
For information on creativity workshops, please contact me: 720-542-3324; firstname.lastname@example.org